Membership at Covenant
Meet with an Elder and our Pastor
The PCA’s Book of Church Order gives us direction on how we receive members into our body. It is a simple, personal process that begins with you (and your family) meeting with an Elder and Pastor. During this meeting you will share your testimony of God’s bringing you to himself and how God is at work in your life. We will share with you the following questions that we ask each person who joins our church and explain their meaning.
Meet before the Session
After meeting with a Pastor and Elder you will come before the Session of our church (made up of all our active elders and pastors). In this meeting you will share a brief version of your testimony and our Pastor asks you the membership questions before the session. The session then accepts you into our Body.
Publicly Affirm Membership Vows
The last event is your public profession of faith before the congregation as our Pastor asks you the same membership questions before the congregation on a Sunday morning of your choice.
Membership Questions “Book of Church Order.”
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?