In Matthew 28, Jesus final words to his disciples are, “All authority in heaven and on earth have been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” And in Matthew 24:14 He tells them, “And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” Some of us may be called to go to the nations as missionaries. Some of us are called to be senders, who support and pray for those who go. We can all pray, and we urge you to pray for the unreached people groups of the world. Our hope is that these prayers will be answered, and that each one of us will grow in our own hearts a strong desire for lost people to hear the gospel and come to Christ.
Here are a few suggestions.
- Pray for an unreached people group daily. You can find listing of unreached people groups here: https://joshuaproject.net/unreached/1.
- Pray for the entire world over a year using the guidance at operationworld.org.
- Read through the bible in a year. There are reading plans available on YouVersion.
- Sacrifice your money for a specific purpose. Select a Covenant Presbyterian Church approved missionary or mission project and get involved!
- Donate to the Covenant missions program.The Missions Committee, made up of fellow Covenant members, will direct it to deserving missionaries or mission projects.
- Spend your time in another context by going on a short-term Disciple Trip.
- Commit your life to discipling and multiply yourself in others.
- RUF International is our own CFC supported ministry to international students in Auburn. Many of those students come from nations that are unreached by the gospel. Contact Matthew and Sherrene DeLong to see how you can become involved.